What to expect
Keys2drive is a revolutionary approach to learning road safety and the free driving lesson is an opportunity for the learner driver, driving instructor and parent/supervisor to learn it together.
What happens in the free lesson?
The free lesson goes for 60 minutes, during which the Keys2drive accredited driving instructor will explain the Keys2drive learning approach - and offer examples of how it can be used when learning to drive. The remaining lesson time includes a practical demonstration to the parent/supervisor on implementing the Keys2drive approach.
The Keys2drive free lesson is not intended to replace normal driving lessons; rather, it should complement them by empowering learner drivers to becoming safer P Plate drivers.
- Learner drivers will receive training in the best ways to practice, helping them gain the confidence they need to prepare for safe P plate driving and beyond.
- Parents/supervisors will come away with the confidence and tools to help their learner drivers achieve a good foundation for lifelong safe driving.
What to bring to the lesson
Both the learner driver and their parent/supervisor need to attend the free lesson.
- Learner drivers need to bring their learner’s permit/learner licence, and Free Lesson ID. Register for a Free Lesson ID now!
- Parents/supervisors must bring a current Australian’s full driver’s licence.
- It is best if the learner has around 10 hours driving experience before attending the Keys2drive lesson.