Code of Practice
Driving instructors who are accredited to conduct free lessons under the Keys2drive program must adhere to a code of practice.
The code of practice describes the Keys2drive accredited driving instructor and the standard of conduct required by the AAA.
Accredited driving instructors pledge to abide by the code at all times. Learner drivers and their parents/supervisors may judge accredited Keys2drive driving instructors by the code.
CODE OF PRACTICE
Under the code of practice accredited driver instructors must exhibit the following behaviours:
- Behave with the utmost integrity
- Always exceed the teaching standard expected of a person who holds a Certificate IV in Driving Instruction
- Provide a suitable and safe car for learners to learn in
- Help learner drivers to become safe solo drivers
- Be an ambassador for Keys2drive
- Model excellent driving behaviour at all times
- Keep learning through formal and informal education
- Follow professional business practices
- Follow professional driver training industry practices
Where a learner driver or parent/supervisor believes a Keys2drive accredited driving instructor is not abiding by the code they are encouraged to contact the Keys2drive administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 1800 OWN WAY (1800 696 929).